We purchased a house in the past year and still have a lot of furnishing to do. My spouse wants to hire an interior designer, but it seems pretty simple to just sift through magazines and copy the same layout for our house.Here are her thoughts:
1. Interior designer (ID) would do a better job than us.
2. ID would get a discount through connections with suppliers
3. ID would save us time
Here are my thoughts
1. We can do pretty much the same designs by copying what is online and in magazines.
2. Most charge $100/hr and have a mark up on items (up to 30% markup sometimes), so would be more costly
3. Would save us some time, but we still would have to review/approve everything
Do any Bogleheads have experience with this? Recommendations? If we decide to go with an interior designer, any ideas on how to get someone good?
Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186334Smart contract technology example