e with Ronny. We had won the league and

Список разделов Atlas Concorde Разное

Сообщение #1 lw789 » 10.04.2018, 03:09

OTTAWA -- Paris Jackson says the way his time with his hometown B.C. Lions ended left him with a chip on his shoulder. Now, after 11 seasons in Vancouver, Jackson is heading east to rejuvenate his career. The 33-year-old wide receiver signed with the expansion Ottawa Redblacks in the off-season looking to prove hes still capable of making a valuable contribution both on and off the field. "Thats why I came here," Jackson said. "My family knew I wasnt too happy in Vancouver anymore, not having a role and not really knowing what was going on and just playing kind of spur of the moment and not getting many reps. "I needed a new spark in my career." Jackson was one of the Lions most consistent receivers. His best season was in 2008 when he caught 76 passes for 1,180 yards and eight touchdowns, and was named a CFL West All-Star. In 2009 Jackson moved to slotback, and recorded his second straight 1,000-yard season. In 2010 Jackson saw his receiving numbers decrease as he was hampered by injuries, and from that point on was relegated to a backup role with the Lions leading to frustration and disappointment. He used sparingly in his final three seasons in Vancouver before being released by the Lions. "I knew I still had a lot more athletic ability and a lot more plays to make before I retire," Jackson said. "I knew Ottawa was coming back in the league and I tried to be patient and not show all my cards, but at the end of the day I really wanted to come here because I knew I could help out a lot of young receivers." While his role with the Redblacks has yet to be determined, head coach Rick Campbell says hes been impressed with Jacksons work both on and off the field. "Hes in a competition to win a job and hes been doing a great job so far both on the field with his play and trying to be a leader trying to lead the way for some of the younger guys," said Campbell. "Hes looking good. Paris has been a good player in this league for a long time and I dont think hes done yet." Retribution can be a great motivating factor and its clear Jackson wants to prove hes still a playmaker. "I have a chip on my shoulder," Jackson said. "I wasnt beat out in Vancouver. They just gave someone my spot. Coming off an 800-yard season and two back-to-back seasons of 1,000 yards and they just gave a young guy my spot. Im old school and believe you should have to earn my spot." Jackson says the situation with the Lions didnt sit well with him, but he swallowed his pride, as he knew he was fortunate to still be playing in front of family and friends. But he still believed he could have an impact given the opportunity and thats exactly what he plans on doing in Ottawa. Quarterback Henry Burris believes Jackson has a lot to offer and even went as far as calling the receiver during the off-season and encouraging him to consider Ottawa as a destination. Burris sees no reason why Jackson cant excel and strongly believes the two can be a force for the Redblacks. "Ive already told him Im leaning on him this year," said Burris. "When you look at experience hes our leader on our receiving core. The guys a playmaker and I cant wait to get going with him because Ive seen his potential and the things that hes done in the past, killing us when I played for different teams going against BC. He just needed a chance to play and now hes getting that opportunity." Burris says hes spoken at great length with Jackson and sees a renewed passion. "Hes coming in full steam ahead," said Burris. "He plays with a level of passion you only see the greats play with. Hes chomping at the bit right now." Jackson appreciates having Burris in his corner. "When you have your quarterback on board and he knows where youre supposed to be and you know that the balls going to come it just makes things that much more exciting," Jackson said. While Jackson was determined to keep playing he says his two young children, a five-year-old daughter and three-year-old son, played a big factor in his decision to sign with Ottawa. "Theyve had opportunities to see me play, but I really want them to relish and understand how much I put forward in my career to try and solidify my family for the rest of their life," he said. "I also want them to have memories of me playing for the rest of their life and not just being on special teams." Sammie Coates Jersey . It was considered unlikely that Rielly would be loaned to Canada for the tournament, which begins Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden, though a stretch of three straight games in the press box made it something of a debate. Howard Wilson Jersey . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com/Youth-Corey-Coleman-Elite-Jersey/. New York secured second place in the Metropolitan Division when the Philadelphia Flyers lost at Tampa Bay later Thursday. The Rangers will face either the Flyers or Columbus in the opening round of the post-season. The Rangers struggled throughout against the lowly Sabres and goalie Matt Hackett, who played in just his seventh NHL game of the season. Larry Ogunjobi Jersey . Yup, he definitely needed this one. Craig homered twice and had three RBIs Wednesday night to lead the St. Louis Cardinals to a 7-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates. Craig went 4 for 5 and Yadier Molina added three hits for the Cardinals, who salvaged the final game of a three-game set in hopes of staying within shouting distance of front-running Milwaukee in the NL Central. David Njoku Jersey . His recovery time is expected to be six to eight months. Seidenberg was injured in the third period of Fridays 5-0 victory over the Ottawa Senators, when he got his leg tangled with forward Cory Conacher.Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell believes the club are in a powerful position going forward on and off the pitch following an AGM on Wednesday. The Scottish champions posted a small profit in the last financial year, and under Brendan Rodgers have a 10-point lead at the top of the Scottish Premiership after the opening quarter of the campaign.Celtic are chasing a sixth successive title and have also reached the final of the League Cup in a season in which the club has returned to the Champions League group stage after an absence of three years. Lawwell said: We are very well placed. The strategy will remain the same. We have to create value, we have to build and create Champions League players, and everything we do is centred around that. Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers and Peter Lawwell at the clubs AGM We will continue to invest in intellectual capital and where financial capital is limited we must be cleverer than everyone else in terms of player recruitment, our coaching and our sports science and we will continue to do that.We have a very strong financial foundation to take the club forward and thats the result of what we have done over the years.We have a fantastically equipped club and we have great infrastructure and we have to keep progressing and progressing and thats what everyone is focused on here. Getting better and better in everything we do is what we are all focused on to optimise the potential of this magnificent football club. Ronny Deila paraded the Scottish Premiership trophy for the second time last season Lawwell paid tribute to Ronny Deila after the Norwegian delivered the last two titles and a League Cup in 2014.But he revealedd the failure of Celtic to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League and win more domestic trophies ultimately cost Deila his job.dddddddddddd.Lawwell said: Overall, its been a good year off the park. On the park, its fair to say that we didnt meet expectations. In the previous year we felt there was progress and we had reasonable European performance with Ronny. We had won the league and the League Cup and we were hoping for the treble.But that progress didnt happen for many reasons. At the turn of the year we had a chance of a treble and it was disappointing we didnt get closer to that and the European campaign wasnt up to scratch. Celtic fan group the Green Brigade put on a display before a Champions League tie in October It would be fair to say that we didnt meet expectations. Ronny decided to move on and he left as a champion, a double-champion, and he kept the run of titles going to five-in-a-row and he should take a lot of credit for that. Hes a very fine man and we wish him all the best for the future.Off the park, we continued to build the club and continued to learn and do the right things, which means we are in an excellent place, while there was room for improvement on the park.Meanwhile, Celtic also confirmed at the meeting that the board members plan to meet with the shareholders behind Resolution 12 in the next week.The group first raised concerns over the governance of Scottish football which they believe cost Celtic Champions League income in 2013 and have been in contact with UEFA and the SFA over the issue.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Celtic play down Gerrard link Sinclair eyes England call Celtic stats Get £10 free bet! Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '
lw789
С нами: 2 месяца 4 дня

Название раздела: Разное

Быстрый ответ

Введите код в точности так, как вы его видите. Регистр символов не имеет значения.
Код подтверждения
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в Разное