s first loss of the season a month ago i

Список разделов Atlas Concorde Разное

Сообщение #1 lw789 » 17.05.2018, 06:20

MONTREAL - P.K. Subban was just as concerned with taking a penalty as he was in scoring a spectacular goal when he got out of the box.The Montreal defencemans second goal of the game, which came at 17:59 of the second period after serving a holding call, proved to be the game winner as the Canadiens downed the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 in a freewheeling contest on Saturday night.The Canadiens are off to a 5-1-0 start to the campaign despite first-pairing defenceman Subban having already taken seven minor penalties.I was still ticked off that I took a penalty, Subban said. Im taking penalties every game.Its fine now, were winning, but Ive got to stay out of the box. Its great to get the goal, but if youre going to be a leader on the team, you have to set the example. I havent done a good job of that. But Im obviously happy to get the goal.Alex Galchenyuk had a goal and an assist for Montreal, which put 36 shots on Colorados 22-year-old goalie Calvin Pickard, who was making his first NHL start.Alex Tanguay and Matt Duchene scored for Colorado (1-4-1), which ended a four-game road trip with a 1-2-1 record.When Subban left the box, he collected a pass from Lars Eller and skated around the Colorado net, only to see defenceman Tyson Barrie fall. That left Montreals highest paid player time to move in front, put two moves on Pickard and slide the puck in.I was looking for Lars, said Subban. I knew he was coming, but the defenceman had taken him out.I was really in tight on the goal. I tried to make a move and hopefully, hed bite on it. Before I knew it I had an open net and just put it in. But like I said, I probably dont want to be putting myself in that position of being in the box that many times.Colorado coach Patrick Roy saw the goal from another angle and felt it shouldnt have happened.Especially on the one where Tyson lost his edge, I think Nick Holden should have looked where Subban was instead of turning his back, said Roy. Theres a few one-on-twos we didnt play that well. On the one where (Marc-Andre) Cliche took a penalty, Tyson should have been in better position.It was the second Montreal goal from a player coming out of the box. At 11:23 of the second, Galchenyuk checked the puck off Nathan MacKinnon while leaving the sin bin and then was sent in alone by Brandon Prust to score.Duchene, who had 10 shots on goal and also hit a crossbar during a first-period power play, closed the gap to one goal when he reached out to deflect a Jarome Iginla shot between Carey Prices pads with 2:31 left in the third. But the Avalanche were unable to get the equalizer.It was a big game for both goalies, especially Pickard, who was called up from the American Hockey Leagues Lake Erie Monsters this week after No. 1 Semyon Varlamov aggravated a groin injury and then backup Reto Berra got injured Thursday in Ottawa. The Avs wasted a 3-1 lead when Pickard took over against the Senators to lose 5-3, but he was solid in Montreal.We had a lot of confidence in him, said Roy. We didnt show any panic in our decisions.Hes the reason we had a chance to come back in that game. I thought both goaltenders were outstanding. Carey Price made several good saves. In the second period, we calculated we had 10 good scoring chances and out of 10, seven of them missed the net. We have to make the goalie work a little more. At least put the pucks on the net.Pickard, a Winnipeg native drafted in the second round by Colorado in 2010, was in a tough building for his NHL debut.It was crazy, he said. Playing at the Bell Centre, coming out to that music.You watch it on TV all the time. Its special. And to be in the net starting at the other end against Carey Price, its a pretty cool feeling. It was a good experience for me, but not the result we wanted.As for going one-on-one with Subban, Pickard said: You see him on TV all the time. Hes a special talent, and you saw that on the third goal. He dangled me pretty good.Even with his third stringer in goal, Roy did not abandoned his open, offensive style and it made for an entertaining, end-to-end game.Colorado took the lead 2:23 in on a give-and-go on a rush as John Mitchell dropped a pass to Tanguay for a shot into an open side.Pickard stopped his first 20 shots, but the Canadiens scored three times on the next eight, starting with Subbans goal on a blast from the left point on a power play at 4:13 of the second period. Notes — The Canadiens sat out Dale Weise and Nathan Beaulieu for a second straight game. . . Canadiens equipment manager Pierre Gervais was honoured pre-game for his 2,500th game. He also worked for Team Canada at the Olympics. He was presented with a jersey with the number 2,500 on the back . . Sami Aittokallio, recalled Friday from Lake Erie, backed up Pickard. Roy said this week that Varlamovs groin injury does not appear to be long term, although he is on injured reserve. Blake Comeau Jersey . -- Jerel Worthy and his Michigan State teammates charged across the field, holding four fingers in the air while celebrating another sweet victory over their biggest rival. Gabriel Landeskog Jersey . The Kelowna, B.C. rink made the announcement on their facebook page on Thursday night. http://www.hockeyavalancheteamshop.com/Colorado-Calvin-Pickard-Adidas-Jersey/. Every. Single. Game. Thats 1,230 in total to cover the regular season. The man is Corey Sznajder, a soft-spoken 23-year-old Salisbury University grad who lives in Annapolis, Maryland and has been charting zone entries and zone exits throughout the NHL. I love big projects, he said. No kidding. At the 2013 Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, I met Eric Tulsky, who presented research on the value of controlled zone entries (short answer: about twice as valuable to enter with control of the puck rather than dumping it in) and Sznajder had charted a couple hundred games that were included in that study. Teemu Selanne Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt and listen on TSN 690. The Canadiens have won three in a row and four of their last five games and recently put the finishing touches on a 3-1-0 road trip. Nathan MacKinnon Jersey . The (14-15-5) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 33 points. They trail sixth place Nashville and fifth place Dallas by two points.SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Jim Boeheim stared up in frustration at the Carrier Dome scoreboard, his No. 2 Orange in big trouble against eighth-ranked Villanova. The Wildcats had started Saturdays game by hitting four straight 3-pointers -- three swishes by James Bell and another by Darrun Hilliard -- and led 25-7 midway through the first half after a dunk by Josh Hart. Syracuse struggled to create open looks and went nearly 4 minutes without a basket as the Wildcats looked exactly like the team that had already beaten two ranked teams. "There was no indication we were going to get going," Boeheim said. If the Orange were frazzled by their largest deficit of the season, it never showed. They responded with a 20-0 run over the next 5 minutes to take their first lead and never trailed again, winning 78-62 in a game between two of nine unbeaten teams left in Division I. "They came out on fire. They kind of caught us off guard," said C.J. Fair, who had 17 points for the Orange despite constant double-teams. "We knew the kind of team they are. Its hard to have a defence for the type of offence they have for the first 5 or 10 minutes." Syracuse (12-0) tightened its defence and the Wildcats (11-1) missed seven shots, committed three fouls and were called for a travel before losing the ball out of bounds as the game began to slip away. Villanova trailed 34-30 at the half, not bad considering leading scorer JayVaughn Pinkston had only three points on 1-of-3 shooting, his only make coming on a desperation 3 at the shot-clock buzzer in the final minute. "They weathered the storm," Villanova coach Jay Wright said. "We hit shots. When you hit shots like that, everything looks great, but you know youre not going to shoot that percentage for the entire game. They weathered it and kept coming back at us. We had the lead and then we got sloppy." Trevor Cooney led Syracuse with 21 points, Tyler Ennis had 20, and Jerami Grant 11. Bell finished with a career-high six 3-pointers and matched his career high with 25 points to lead Villanova before fouling out with 1:42 left. Hart had 10 points, the only other Villanova player in double figures. Pinkstton, averaging 16.dddddddddddd5 points, finished with three points, while Hilliard, averaging 14.4, had only five points on 1-of-7 shooting before fouling out in the final minute. Cooney had 11 points and Fair added six in the Oranges comeback spurt, which was capped by a driving layup by Ennis at 4:51. "It was a tough war to get back," said Cooney, who was 5 of 8 from long range. "Getting behind like that against a team like Villanova, its tough to come back. It shows a lot about us." Syracuse was the third unbeaten ranked team the Wildcats had faced this season. Villanova handed then-No. 2 Kansas its first loss of the season a month ago in the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis and came back the next night and defeated No. 23 Iowa in overtime. "Syracuse has a really good team," Wright said. "They really played at a high level. This is a tough place to play. I sensed that when we came back from break we were just a little bit off. We were in such a groove. We got a little bit better yesterday. I was hoping. In hindsight, I would have practiced on Christmas night. We slipped. They did not." In the second half, Syracuse scored nine straight points early and the Wildcats committed four fouls in a 59-second span to fall farther behind. Cooneys 3 from the top of the key gave the Orange a 47-37 lead with 16:32 left and Fairs follow slam of a miss by Ennis kept the lead at 10. Nova took advantage of a flagrant foul whistled against Grant midway through the period as boos rained down from the Carrier Dome crowd of 28,135, the largest of the season. Bell sank the two free throws and Harts 3 from the left corner closed the gap to 54-49 with 9:25 to play. Villanova closed to 56-53 at 7:02 after Bell hit a 3 from the corner and Daniel Ochefus free throw, and wouldnt wilt. Another 3 from the corner by Bell moved the Wildcats within 64-59 with 3:25 left, but the Orange made 14 of 16 free throws to thwart any chance of a comeback. Syracuse finished 29 of 35 from the free throw line. "We stepped up big-time," Boeheim said. "This was the first adverse situation (this season) where we were really down a lot." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '
lw789
С нами: 3 месяца 2 дня

Название раздела: Разное

Быстрый ответ

Введите код в точности так, как вы его видите. Регистр символов не имеет значения.
Код подтверждения
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в Разное